Brand New Ski or Board Rentals
Really? Brand New?
We have been renting equipment to our customers for over 50 years. During this time, one common theme has emerged….people are rarely satisfied with the equipment that they have rented. These are the most common complaints:
- My boots hurt my feet!
- My skis/snowboard is hard to turn!
- It takes too long to get my rentals!
- Waiting in line is such a hassle!
- The selection is limited!
- It costs too much and I feel like I’m wasting my money!
- This equipment is worn out!
At Abominable Sports, we are strongly committed to supplying our customers only with the APPROPRIATE equipment to suit their needs. To this end, we offer all of our skis and snowboards for rental purposes. Each time you rent, you will be offered brand new equipment for hire. It is our position, that in order to advance quickly and to enjoy your experience to its’ fullest, you need to have access to the best quality equipment available. Since we cater to all levels of snow sports enthusiast, we will always have the right equipment available for you to ski and ride on. Our fully trained, knowledgeable staff will be available to help you with all of your personal requirements prior to making the proper selection for YOUR individual needs.
By far and away, the hardest problem to overcome is finding rental boots that fit properly. Every foot is a different shape, and it’s simply not practical to offer 30 different shapes of rental boots for people to try. The satisfaction that comes from a good fit will pay off 10 times over in your enjoyment on the snow! For this reason, we don’t rent boots any longer. We strongly advise you to purchase new boots and have them properly custom fitted in order to get the most enjoyment out of your winter experience. (See: ‘How to Choose Your New Boots’ under the’ Services’ tab on our Home Page for more detailed advice on fitting your boots).
RENT TO BUY OPTION
Most of us would much rather own our toys than have to rent them every time we want to participate in a sport. If you choose to rent skis or snowboards from us, we will gladly credit your full rental fees towards the purchase of the new gear that you have rented. Many of our customers have purchased boots from us at the start of their vacation, then rented their skis or snowboard and decided to purchase them at the end of their trip!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much does it cost? Answer: $50.00/ day. This is a great price to pay for renting brand new equipment.
- How many days can I rent for? Answer: As many as you like.
- Can I rent different skis or snowboards during my stay? Answer: Yes, but you may only apply the credit towards purchasing the same board or skis that you have rented. If you rent 2 pairs of skis, for example, for 2 days each, and decide to buy one of them, you will only receive a $100.00 credit towards the purchase price. If you rent the same skis for 4 days, you will receive a $200.00 credit when you buy them.
- Do you offer any discounts? Answer: Not to rent. However, many of the products that you have the choice of renting are offered at discounted sale prices for purchasing.
- Do I need to reserve in advance? Answer: We can accommodate you without reservations. The best way is to visit us in the store before 8:00 pm. on the evening prior to your day at the ski hill. This will give us time to properly fit you and allow you to pick up your gear on the way to the hill the following morning.
- How do I contact you? Answer: See the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our Homepage for details.
- What else do you rent? Answer: Ski poles and snow shoes are available for rent as well. Cost is $10.00/day for each.